Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Finding a friend

It's CD36 today and still no AF yet. Apparently my body needs some more time to recuperate before I can inject it with hormones again, which is fine. The only thing that's slightly annoying is that I cannot plan any getaways right now (we'll have a long weekend coming up for Easter and have had two invitations to which I don't know what to respond) as I don't know if we'll be in the middle of our FET or not. But that's just minor.

I had intended to write something about the whole PETA affair (see http://hannahweptsarahlaughed.blogspot.com/ for more details if you don't know what I'm talking about), but just didn't have enough down time to find the right words for that.

I did post the FB blurb about Infertility Awareness Month on my FB Wall. And guess what? A neighbor, whom I'm also FB friends with, sent me a message, asking how long it had taken us to have our son. Turns out she had 5 failed IUIs, 3 IVFs before having her son and 5 failed IVF in an attempt to have a second child. I'm so glad she reached out. Even though the whole IF blogosphere is such a great help to me, it is wonderful to know that there is someone in my own building, whom I like a lot, who knows exactly what it feels like, and on whose door I can knock when I'm tired of other neighbors or nannies etc telling me that a BFN doesnt' matter, and that we should just try again. So yay for FB.

2 comments:

Valery said...

As someone who doesn't do FB I had only heard the pain it caused some of our blog friends. Good to hear about a positive! And 8 IVF, she is a veteran. (and hard to believe with my dutch eyes, here the hospitals want to stop at 3, or 6 in her case for the second child ) waiting can be hard.. take care.

DandelionBreeze said...

Great that you found someone so close to share this journey with... FB is an amazing thing sometimes :)) Hope your body rests up xoxo