Friday, March 15, 2013

Winter Shed: The Final Week





Winter is almost over, can you feel it...? We had lovely warm Spring-like weather at the beginning of the week, only to revert back to icy cold wind and the occasional snow flurries as of Wednesday. I can't wait for Spring (and warmer weather) to arrive!

The full back story of this blog hop hosted by Kathy at Bereaved and Blessed can be found here. She's planning to continue the series with a Spring Shed and I intend to follow along and, as Kathy suggest, I'll take a look at my goals for this Winter/New Year and adjust them as I want or feel the need to, in an effort to better represent where I want my focus to be during this next season.

But I'm getting ahead of myself... On to report on how I did during week ten:


1. Read more novels.
I didn't even open a book this week (except for a dictionary)! I don't really know why, I just didn't feel like reading much...

2. Follow the news more.
This is one of the topics I need to think hard about when continuing on in the Spring. Of course the news that a new pope was elected did reach me, but I think only people living under a rock would have missed that...

3. Pick up regular blogging again and start a series/hop on Cultural Differences.
The first installment of the Cultural Differences series went live on Monday! I might have hoped for a few more comments, but overall I think it was a good start. I also participated for the first time in Time Warp Tuesday (also hosted by Kathy), which was fun. 

4. Get my professional website up and running.
Again, no update this week, but I've been having some new ideas for it again, so once my translation job is done I will start working on it and hopefully will be able to turn those ideas into something concrete.

5. Find more clients / pursue more paid projects.
The third document is almost completely translated. The deadline is next Friday, but I should be able to finish it by Monday (I actually could have finished it today, but somehow knowing that I will easily be able to finish before the deadline makes me less productive), double check it and send it out on Tuesday.

The 007 assignment (web intelligence) is still as boring as last week. It's supposed to last until the end of the month, but there will be a meeting next week between the agency and the final client to see if it is really necessary to continue. So I'll await further orders. ;)

Other than that I've of course been too busy with the translation job to pursue anything else, so I have no paid projects lined up, but at least I can focus on getting my website online (and also finally get some more professional-looking business cards).

6. Start playing the cello again.
The instrument still rests in its case (which is gathering dusts). You probably won't see this one on my Spring list...





1 comment:

Kathy said...

Congrats on making it to week ten/the final week of Winter! I am so proud of you for sticking with this and happy for us that we got to do this together! I am also excited that you plan to continue on with the Spring Shed!

1) That's okay and I can't remember the last time I opened a dictionary!

2) I was semi-obsessed with following the news and social media coverage of the conclave and then election of Pope Francis. I agree you'd have to be living under a rock to miss that.

3) I really enjoyed your first installment of your Cultural Differences series and am so glad you did the Time Warp with us this month too!

4) Understandable and glad you have some ideas you are considering.

5) Way to go! Sounds like things are going well here!

6) Understandable too, whether or not you keep in on your Spring list.

Sorry it took me so long to get here and comment this week! See you Friday, if not before, for our first Spring Shed check in! :)